16 things that shouldn't have been a thing in 2016
Share This Article:
Never before has there been a year quite like this where just by referencing “2016″, it’s mutually accepted as a totally legitimate explanation for something ridiculous happening. But there are some things this year really could have done without. Putting to one side all the tragic celebrity deaths and terrifying political unrest, there’s also been lots of weird, silly and downright irritating stuff that people have absolutely crazy for. These are definitely some of the worst so sit back and get ready for some serious head shaking.
1. The Mannequin Challenge*Weeps at remembering a time pre-President-elect Trump*.
2. Boaty McBoatfaceThe ‘something McSomething-face’ trend shows no sign of going anywhere.
3. Ken BoneHe was a memorable guest at one of the US election debates with his red jumper, moustache and disposable camera conbo – but then some social media stalking revealed he wasn’t that much of a hero so it all got a bit awks.
4. Twitter accounts for catsIt’s unknown whether Julian Assange actually runs this account. Either way, writing from the cat’s perspective is pretty cringe.
5. Pokemon goIt came then it went. It shouldn’t have bothered.
6. Meme-inspired clothing
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- SOAS lecturer elected as MEP for far-right party
- Universities must do more to tackle the BAME attainment gap, report says
- Huddersfield is the best student night out in the country, apparently