Going down on women could see your health going up
Share This Article:
Vaginas and yogurt have something in common: Probiotics. Turns out there are billions of bacteria that live in all our lady gardens; all part of the wonderful world of the vaginal microbiome. This mini community prevents bad bacteria from taking over 'down there', and one special species of bacteria in particular, Lactobacillus, dominates seventy percent of vaginas. Lactobacillus is crucial because it produces lactic acid and keeps lady bits at a heathy pH level. However, Lactobacillus is not just a resident of the vag; it’s also in the stomach. Stomach bacteria are usually called probiotics and they play a part in pretty much everything from digestion to Alzheimer’s. In light of this significance of probiotics in one’s life, these bacteria have been implanted into foods like yogurt and even items like shaving cream to give us a health boost.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Shoppers get the giggles as M&S launches ‘love sausage’ for Valentine’s Day
- University of Sydney mistaken for Hogwarts film location by thousands of Chinese Harry Potter fans
- Zoo’s Valentine’s offer: Name cockroach after ex and we’ll feed it to the meerkats