Chinese woman stages own funeral in order to 'appreciate life more keenly'
Share This Article:
Everyone has been guilty of concocting a random occasion in order to get the drink flowing and generally just have a good time. From “OMG it’s Tuesday…lets drink!” to celebrating a lesser known religious holiday that has no relevance to you, everyone likes an excuse to have a good ol’ fashioned get together. That being said, I doubt there are many that have gone as far as Zeng Jia, 22 from Wuhan, Hubei province, China. Zeng staged her own costly funeral, forking out herself for a coffin and fresh flowers to decorate the event. "It struck me that people spend all that time and effort on someone when they are gone and they cannot appreciate it,” said Zeng when questioned about her ghostly soirée. No expense was spared as Zeng splashed out on a full-blown ceremony with photographers, mourners and even a posse of make-up artists to add to the deathly pale effect.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Bear cub brought in to relax stressed students attacks them and causes rabies scare
- Russia loses contact with zero-gravity gecko space orgy
- David Cameron follows 'i Like Tits Daily' on twitter (it doesn't follow him back)