Top 10 worst Christmas presents
Share This Article:
'Tis the season to be weird! TNS uncovers the 10 gifts NOT to buy your loved ones this Christmas. 10) Donations to obscure charities. Charities, especially major ones, always receive a boost at Christmas thanks to gift donations – however, some are more deserving than others. A charity dedicated to insect conservation, for instance, is hardly likely to warm the cockles of anyone’s heart this holiday season. We say: if you are going to make a donation this Christmas, adopt a panda instead. 9) Lance Armstrong 2013 Calendar. This was slated for a September release. However, the distributors pulled it for some reason. Can’t think why... 8) A goat. “No ifs and butts, a goat’s a great gift”, say the generous folk at Oxfam. Okay – I’m not sure if “butts” is a typographical error or a misguided attempt at a pun but, I’m inclined to argue that a goat living 8,000 miles away in a village in Somalia does not constitute a “gift”. The organisation says that donating livestock to the third world can help make a “big difference” in peoples’ lives. Too right: I’d be fuming if someone got me this. 7) ‘Novelty’ condoms (see right). Yup. It’s a cock on your cock. *Ba-dum-tsh*
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 10 cats in unexpectedly awkward situations
- 10 people who didn't let their mental health issues stop them doing amazing things
- Our top 5 most read articles of April
- Vincent Van Gogh famously gifted a prostitute his severed ear.
- No presents were legally exchanged in Britain between the years 1644 and 1660 when Oliver Cromwell outlawed all Christmas celebrations.
- Novelist Charles Dickens donated the greatest gift of all... by inventing Christmas! Okay, I know that isn’t strictly true, but his 1843 book A Christmas Carol is credited with helping to popularise and spread the traditions of the festival. Before the Victorian novel, Christmas was not widely celebrated in the British Isles, so who knows where we’d be today without Dickens!