Media Partners | Contributors | Advertise | Contact | Log in | Monday 17 June 2019
182,534 SUBSCRIBERS

Man dies after cockroach eating contest to win prize python

RATE THIS ARTICLE

Share This Article:

It is never good to wake up and find cockroaches crawling over your house. It’s a struggle exterminating the miniature nuclear bomb survivors, and people go to extreme lengths try and get rid.

But clearly they aren’t trying everything. Clearly the best thing to do with cockroaches is to EAT them in a contest to win a snake.

Or maybe not. Edward Archbold, 32, from Florida, entered an insect eating contest in a bid to win a female Ivory Ball python, but sadly died shortly after eating the cocktail of worms and cockroaches. Initially no one thought anything was wrong with Archbold as he vomited in the store, but was later pronounced dead at hospital. 

Workers at the Ben Sigel Reptile store in Deerfield, CA, were shocked when Mr Archbold threw up over the store and were deeply saddened by his death, saying:  "Although we just met Eddie the night of the sale, we all liked him right away."  

What made the death all the more shocking was no one else who participated in the contest suffered any symptoms, and the store said the bugs were “taken from an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles."

With an autopsy pending, fellow contestants and store workers have sent their condolences to Edward’s family. The python now belongs to his estate.  

 




© 2019 TheNationalStudent.com is a website of BigChoice Group Limited | 201 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1JA | registered in England No 6842641 VAT # 971692974