Germany get behind the wheel of new gendered parking system
Share This Article:
German Mayor Gallus Strobel has initiated a unique parking system whereby certain parking bays are designated for ‘male drivers only’. These bays are deemed unfit for use by the fairer sex due to their close proximity to pillars, bad lighting and requirement that any driver back diagonally in to the space. In contrast, those spaces selected as suitable for female visitors are spacious, avoid awkward angles and are well-lit. In defence of his plans, Strobel simply said: "men are, as a rule, better at such tasks."
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Penny Mordaunt launches £2m government fund to tackle period poverty around the world
- Northern Irish women blocked from receiving free abortions in England
- Brexit 'risks turning the clock back decades on hard-won rights' for women