An Adventurer’s Guide to Cartagena: Where to Explore
Share This Article:
Part 3 of 3 The city of Cartagena is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can do during your stay, a whole world of rainforest hikes, hidden beaches, underwater wonders and more await you just outside the city limits! I could go on and on about where to explore in Cartagena so I am going to focus on the two best experiences I had: Baru Island and Fenix Beach Club! My Baru Island day tour with Taroa Adventures was easily the highlight of my time in the Cartagena. I was lucky enough to have my own private tour and we started the trip by spending the morning in the seaside town of Baru, walking around, meeting the locals and learning about their traditions and culture (including a live traditional music performance). We then took a boat ride through beautiful mangrove forests to a picturesque local beach with white sand and aquamarine waters where we ate a lunch of fresh fish and relaxed for the afternoon.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The worlds largest open-air urban art museum Titanes champions social inclusion
- La Voyageuse: the French homestay network where women host solo female travellers for free
- UK Foreign Office advises against travel to Sri Lanka: here's what to do if you're supposed to be going
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH