How to travel the world and get paid for doing it
Share This Article:
Gap years have become more and more common over recent years, instead of heading straight to university, some students take the time to see the world, relax, kick back and destress, we deserve it after thirteen years of school! But for others, a gap year is more than a gap year, it becomes a way of life. "But isn't that really expensive?" you say. You would think so, but it turns out it doesn't have to be, you can in fact get paid to explore, there's a job for almost every student with wanderlust out there. So if you are a student bitten with the travel bug but have no cash to fund your dreams, never fear! We have a handy list of possible ways you can see the world and making money doing it:
1. Teaching abroadSure, teaching isn't for everyone, but if you love kids and want to travel, this could be the perfect combination for you! Obtaining a certificate in order to be able to do it can be done online and then the world is your oyster, as there are teaching opportunites everywhere! Plus you can have holidays whilst being paid during your time teaching! Sounds perfect no? You can do it alone, with friends, stay with host families, the sky is literally the limit with this one!
2. Be a travel guide
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- #Goodbye TNS - From sex to travel, the writing possibilities were endless
- Vegans on the road: Nomadic, sustainable living with Campervan Kitchen
- #GoodbyeTNS – 17,278 air-miles and the making of a student travel editor