Christmas trip to a small English town: Bakewell, Derbyshire
Share This Article:
Located in the National Peak District Park in Derbyshire and lying next to River Wye, the small and ancient Bakewell, is surrounded by the top tourist attractions of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. About 13 miles southwest of Sheffield, you can take the Peak Line 218 bus from Sheffield Interchange (platform D2) to Bakewell Square (Stand D). It takes around an hour ride. Home of Bakewell pudding with loads of local tea houses and pubs along the street, the town will be hosting various Christmas events to add spice on the spectacular Peak District scenery. Take a look at their Christmas Specials: Wanting to have some festive atmosphere in a Grade I listed church? The All St Parish Church sits 250m away from the town centre and will soon will be holding their annual Christmas Tree Festival from Friday 9th December to Sunday 18th December 2016.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Highlights of Huaraz, Peru: snow-capped mountains, turquoise lakes and Seeds of Hope
- Safe sex and solo travel: 6 things to remember
- 6 things to know before your first Full Moon Party