TV Review: Colony (Season 2, Episode 7)
Share This Article:
“This isn’t a colony, it’s a death camp”. This week’s instalment, ‘Free Radicals’, certainly does not disappoint in bringing another pivotal revelation to this season’s Colony that turns the entire world on its head. The opening scene was brutal and devastating, and certainly sets the tone for what’s the come, at least within the next hour. We see the Resistance’s planning and actions, but rather than their mission feeling like a victory, it succeeds in establishing that the movement’s loyalty is to the cause, not to the people. Loss of life is regarded as collateral, and only secondary to the primary objective of ending the Occupation. This serves to nuance opinions towards what are essentially two factions of the LA bloc, the collaborators, and the Resistance. Neither are good nor bad, and thence Colony manages once again to not fall into the trap of overdone plots, but rise above the temptation of ethical convenience and embrace instead moral complexity.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The only relationships on Love Island 2019 worth talking about are the girls' friendships
- Too Old To Die Young review - Nicolas Winding Refn's cynical, gorgeous critique of modern America
- TV Review: Years and Years