Could Clique be the new Skins? We spoke to Jess Brittain to find out
Share This Article:
Some are arguing Clique will be the spiritual-successor to the cult-hit TV show Skins. Set in Edinburgh, around the university, the series does hold promise. Clique will take an entirely different format though, appearing as a mini-series and in an online-only format. Equally, while it will still be examining young people’s issues, its university setting will make Clique quite different to its predecessor, which followed college students in the south of England. At first glance Clique looks promising and well worth further examination, so we spoke to writer Jess Brittain to get the low-down… “I learnt my trade in the Skins writers’ room,” Jess told us, tackling the comparison early. “Clique is similar to Skins in that it deals with a fundamental, terrifying time in young peoples’ lives. But there is a big difference between being 16 and being 18/19/20”.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- There's a teaser trailer for Game of Thrones Series 6 and we still know nothing
- Fresh Meat is returning for a fourth series in January
- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: will the Coen brothers suit television?