Who is Charles DiLaurentis? Your Pretty Little Liars breakdown
Share This Article:
It’s been five years since the liars received their first text message from the notorious ‘A’, and the theories about who 'A' is have kept fans guessing all that time. In the past 12 hours fans have learnt who A is, why A is who they are, and what exactly A did. It promised to be the summer of answers, and Marlene King certainly gave us them. Perhaps just not the ones that we wanted. Episode 10, season 6 suitably titled ‘GAme over ChArles’, consisted of a trip into ‘A’s’ brain and a whole load of flashbacks. We came face to face with A. Here’s a brief roundup of what you missed in the story of Charles DiLaurentis. CAREFUL: This piece DOES contain spoilers.
Photo from ABC FamilyKenneth DiLaurentis and Jessica DiLaurentis have three children – Jason (the eldest), Charles (middle) and Alison (youngest). Charles DiLaurentis loves his little sister, and wants to look after her. So much so that the whole hot water bath drowning incident, was an accident and taken the wrong way. Charles ‘plays dress up’ in his mother’s clothes, much to his father’s disappointment. Kenneth decides to pack Charles off to Radley Sanitarium before he ‘hurts anybody’. Apparently, the two other children are too young to remember Charles. While in Radley, Charles is visited by his mother who brings copies of clothes she buys for Alison. Explaining those two dresses. His aunt also visits. Charles befriends another patient, Bethany Young. Bethany supports Charles’ transition to becoming Charlotte. We’ll call Charlotte ‘C’ for the time being. As children they plan to leave Radley while sat on the roof. Mrs Cavagnaugh (Toby’s mother) sees them, so Bethany pushes and kills her. Bethany blames C, meaning that C spends the next few years on higher doses of medication. Brewing a hatred toward Bethany. Bethany conveniently looks like both C and Alison. Mrs DiLaurentis tells a teenage C that she has been granted leaving privileges to attend classes. Here C bunks off, becomes known as Cece Drake, and instead meets her brother Jason. Who she starts dating. Yep. As a result, she befriends her boyfriend’s younger sister. Who is also her younger sister?!? Alison DiLaurentis. The two become close. It is then time for Cece to meet the parents, Jessica is understandably a little taken aback. I mean, she reveals that she told her husband that Charles had died and been buried in an aunt’s garden. In reality, the whole burial was a metaphor for burying Charles and allowing Charlotte to live. CeCe spends summer in Cape May with the family, who most don’t even know that she’s actually family. Here we remember the summer of the pregnancy scare, the mystery guys… Still keeping up? Returning to Radley, CeCe realises that Bethany had stolen all of her clothes and had escaped.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- It Is What It Is: Love Island Recap, Week 2
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: How patriarchy is alive and well in this Netflix universe
- The best rom-coms on Netflix right now
- What will happen to Kenneth, Jason and CeCe?
- Who killed Mrs DiLaurentis and Maya?
- What did Shana have to do with the fire?
- Where did Sara Harvey come from?
- Where did CeCe get all her money from?
- What did the NAT club have to do with it?
- Who did Melissa bury if Spencer didn’t hit anybody, but Mona did?
- Who was the body in the woods who everybody thought was Toby?
- Where was the revelance with Jenna, Lucas, Garrett, Melissa or Wren?
- How did A get to London to put blood in Spencer’s bag?
- Why was CeCe in the year book as prom queen, if she was never actually a student?
- Why did Ian commit suicide?
- What is all this talk of Jenna drowning?
- Where did this budget come from?
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER THE TIME JUMP?
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH