Selfie-obsessed: study reveals how 18-24 year olds really feel about their bodies
Share This Article:
It is no wonder that the ‘selfie’ phenomenon has become an essential part of the daily routine for Britain’s young population, as statistics released by a leading cosmetic surgery group reveal that 23% of 18-24 year olds admit their hair is their favourite feature, and a further 15% reveal it is their face. The report, compiled by Transform Cosmetic Surgery, contains results from a recent study of 2,000 UK respondents, and also reveals that eyes are the stand-out feature for both men and women according to 18-24 year olds, and a smile is classed as the most attractive asset. The clinic’s study also found that:
- 41% of 18-24 year olds revealed their stomach is their least favourite body part and a further 11% said they dislike their legs the most.
- 24% of 18-24 year olds say they don’t have a favourite body part (24%) and of the remaining, 23% said their hair and 15% said their face.
- 36% of 18-24 year olds said health was the most important factor to them.
- 21% of 18-24 year olds said they think their looks/appearance has got them further in a job/career.
- 24% of 18-24 year olds think being overweight is the most embarrassing physical feature, in their opinion.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Young people to suffer as Virgin Train's rail card change set to cost commuters thousands
- Erasmus students to get help finding accommodation with new scheme
- New online academy aims to make cybersecurity attractive to everyone