Lancaster University celebrates 50 years with victory at Roses 2014
Share This Article:
Lancaster celebrated its 50th birthday by beating rivals York 164-120 at Roses this afternoon. The result was confirmed at around 2.15pm, when Lancaster’s women’s basketball team beat York’s 62-27 and secured the four points needed to take victory in the annual sports tournament. Although the game had been close towards the beginning Lancaster had the edge, and by the time it was announced that just 3.5 points overall were required to see Lancaster win Roses the basketball’s second half was underway and Lancaster had pulled convincingly ahead. Lancaster University Students’ Union (LUSU) Vice President for Activities, Emily Pollitt, who organised the competition, tweeted that she was “unbelievably proud” after victory was announced:
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 'Major sports events have a unique power to inspire people': meet Lindsay Impett, event director of the Netball World Cup 2019
- Nations League squad announced: Harry Kane passed fit but his club team-mate is dropped
- Wimbledon 2019: Three rising women to watch out for