Premier League Profiles: Who are Brighton and Hove Albion?
Share This Article:
Brighton and Hove are twin towns now combined as one city under which the foundations for Brighton and Hove Albion were based around. In 1901 the club we all recognize it by was founded but the name was originally Brighton and Hove United but changed it due to concerns from Hove FC. Albion started off their existence playing in the Southern League, Second Division (which was then at the time rival to the Football League). The following season they achieved promotion to the First Division and seven years later Albion managed to win the First Division.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- "He Changed Football forever": Leicester City owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha named among victims of helicopter crash.
- Would a European Super League Destory Football?
- Could Eden Hazard Fire Chelsea to the Premier League Title?