Brazilian Embassy opens ‘Rio Lounge’ to public during Olympics
Share This Article:
With the Olympics in full swing you might be looking for somewhere a bit different to catch the action, and where better than the Embassy of Brazil in London which has opened its doors with a specially created ‘Rio Lounge’. This is the place to watch the thrills and spills of the Games with live footage, whilst enjoying the tastes and the landscapes of the State of Rio de Janeiro with its remarkable coastline, historical cities and tropical forests.
As well as footage of the Games, the Rio Lounge will provide tastings on specific days* of typical Brazilian food and drink such as Amazon Beer, Guarana Antarctica (a traditional soft drink), Pão de Queijo (cheese bread), Goiabada (guava paste), Caldo de Cana (sugarcane juice), Pão de Mel (cake), Açaí and Brazilian coffee, provided by Brazilian suppliers Gaya Foods, Atlantico UK, Cake and Care, AmaVida, and Cereja Coffee. Guests will also have the chance to find out more about what lies beyond the city in the great State of Rio de Janeiro from the Fluminense coastline with its bays and coves stretching from the Sun Coast to the Green Coast, the mountain region with its forest trails and crystal clear rivers to the coffee valley with century old coffee plantations. As the first country to host the Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America, Brazil is proud to open the doors of its best known tourist destination – Rio de Janeiro – to more than 10,000 Olympic athletes, 4,000 Paralympic athletes and hundreds of thousands of sports fans from around the world.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Who will conquer in the Madrid Champions League Final?
- Nations League squad announced: Harry Kane passed fit but his club team-mate is dropped
- The Champions League: What just happened?
- Brazilian Coffee provided by Cereja Coffee Mondays and Saturdays - 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th and 20th (10am- 2pm)
- Pão de Mel provided by Cake and Care Saturdays - 13th and 20th (10am – 2pm)
- Amazon Beer, Guarana Antarctica and Brazilian biscuits and snacks provided by Gaya Foods Fridays - 12th and 19th (4pm -7pm)
- Pão de Queijo, Goiabada, Caldo de Cana provided by Atlantico UK. Tuesdays and Thursdays 9th, 11th, 16th and 18th (3pm- 5pm)
- Açaí provided by AmaVida Wednesday 10th (time tbc)
- Brazilian biscuits and snacks provided by Gaya Foods Mondays 8th and 15th (10am- 2pm)
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH