WRC: VW win - what now for Citroen?
Share This Article:
Volkswagen have won their maiden World Rally event, with Sebastian Ogier driving the marque to victory in Rally Sweden. The well documented victory adds fuel to the fire concerning Ogier and VW's title credentials, and certainly supplies an unwelcome migraine to rival teams Citroen and Qatar M-Sport. However, does the win have further implications? Well, a brief pondering-session would suggest so. A maiden victory for any team/driver combination is always a popular one, even if it comes courtesy of one of the worlds largest car company's. However, it's taken less than two-events for VW to achieve success.With almost-guaranteed car development thanks to the marques deep pockets, and arguably the finest driver line-up in Jari-Matti Latvala and Sebastian Ogier, is it probable more than possible that VW might about to completely steam-roll the WRC?
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Nations League squad announced: Harry Kane passed fit but his club team-mate is dropped
- Women’s British Open: Who to watch out for
- 'Major sports events have a unique power to inspire people': meet Lindsay Impett, event director of the Netball World Cup 2019