How to make friends at university
Share This Article:
Moving out of your home and into student accommodation means moving out of your comfort zone and into the deep end. But making new friends in a new place doesn’t need to be terrifying. It’s important to remember that everyone is in the same boat: moving to a new place, meeting people and (let’s not forget) starting a new course. University is a great time to make lifelong friends. Here are a few tips to get you on your way. Be as sociable as possible within your own halls or flat. Even if you’re not the most social of animals, try and get out of your bedroom and into the communal spaces, and the sooner the better! Everyone is making the big push at the start of term so you should too. If you’re in self-catered accommodation make the kitchen your hangout and get talking. Say anything! Ask anything! At best you’ll have a great conversation… at worst hopefully you’ll make them laugh.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Beyond Mental Health Awareness Week: How to de-stigmatise mental health issues amongst students
- Want to become a counsellor? Here's a degree that may interest you
- Mental Health Awareness Week: What it's like living with borderline personality disorder as a student
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH