Why Trump Needs to start Tackling White Supremacism
Share This Article:
However, scrolling down Trump’s feed I cannot fail to notice the absence of a single tweet or retweet regarding the shooting of the two African Americans who were shot by a white gunman in a grocery store in Kentucky. The man had originally tried to force entry into an ‘historically black church’ but had turned to the store when he failed to enter the place of worship. In April, a white man entered a Waffle House in Tennessee and shot three African Americans one Latino. Speaking on this, the Atlanta Black Star reported,
...This evil Anti-Semitic attack is an assault on humanity. It will take all of us working together to extract the poison of Anti-Semitism from our world. We must unite to conquer hate.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 27, 2018
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Drake was wrong to call J Hus' return a celebration
- We need to talk about female sexual health
- How we are all paying the price for free digital media
This is what the President had to say in response to the shooting in the synagogue: “Look at the violence all over the world, the world has violence, the world is a violent world. And you think when you’re over it it just sort of goes away. But then it comes back in the form of a madman, a wacko, I think one thing we should do is we should stiffen up our laws in terms of the death penalty.” In past interviews, Trump has failed to condemn the Ku Klux Clan, has attacked muslim immigrants, as well as the populations of South America who are fleeing for their lives. After Trump was elected in 2016, the Progressive Charlestown news, Rhode Island, released an article entitled 'This HORRIFYING List Is Exactly Why We Can’t Say ‘It Will Be Okay’ Under Trump.' Amongst the list were these terrifying events:
You think that Trump would’ve tweeted something great by now about the Hero in the Waffle House shooting if the hero was the one on the right instead of being the killer? @AP pic.twitter.com/67GtJa0crQ— Mr. Reynolds (@melreynoldsU) April 23, 2018
- Students were parading with Trump signs around their school and chanting, “White power!”
- Students at a middle school in Michigan were chanting, “Build the wall!”
- The world’s premier white supremacy organization, the Ku Klux Klan, held a victory parade for Trump
Image Credit : Progressive Charlestown
- Students at Maple Grove High School found, “Fuck n*****s, #fuckallporchmonkeys, #whitesonly, #whiteamerica, and Trump Train,” with the word “blacks” inside a circle with an x through it scrawled on a classroom door
- Muslim women in three disparate locations around the country reported being attacked for wearing hijabs. One man choked his victim with her hijab
- Nazi imagery is appearing around the country, including the words, “Trump,” and “Seig Heil,” some of which appeared on the anniversary of Kristallnact, or the night in 1938 that the Nazis burned and looted Jewish businesses and synagogues.