Madness or brilliance - the nutty world of lowest bid auctions
Share This Article:
Some things are just a bit too mad to get your head around. It’s like the time at Leeds Festival when a bloke, who was smashed out of his face, ran round a corner shouting ‘Pikachu is decking Mario. I think he’s knocked him out”. Mad, right? We walked round that corner to find an angry, yellow Pokemon kicking the crap out of a stereotyped Italian plumber. When a mate said ‘there’s this site that gives you stuff from bidding the lowest amount of money’, it evoked the ghost of the aforementioned cartoony brawl. “Of course they do”, I thought, “for the lowest uniquebid!” Like eBay created by someone who has missed the point of this whole money-making lark! But low and behold there it was ‘likleBID’ emblazoned on my web browser, challenging my sanity with its mad-ass concept. I can’t get my head round it – it appears to be a strange world where a load of people win stuff for offering the lowest amount of cash – I mean look at them Or maybe I am missing something, and I am the lunatic!
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- A look back at the record breaking Women's World Cup
- The BBC has betrayed over-75 year olds by scrapping free TV licences
- Politicians aren’t going to listen on climate change - the revolution must start from the bottom up