On Fat Shaming: About my previous article
Share This Article:
The below response from Hannah Bennett is in relation to the article Can fat shaming be defended? Yes!, published on 14th September 2015. I am not very good at saying sorry. I’m a very very stubborn person and firm with what I believe. Sometimes I speak without thinking, like everyone has done at some point in their life, and sometimes I speak without explaining myself and justifying what I’ve said. A friend of mine (not so much now though) has told me my article defending the “Dear fat people” YouTube Video by Nicole Arbour was “driving people to suicide”, and that I’m a bully. I want to make it clear how utterly untrue this is and how vile this is to say to someone in itself. I have a rule with myself that no matter how personal the comments get about my writing, I will not respond and give strangers on the internet (where everyone is 10ft tall) the satisfaction that they have got my attention. But I guess for this I’ll have to make an exception.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Multilingualism makes us British - despite what Boris Johnson might insist
- The BBC has betrayed over-75 year olds by scrapping free TV licences
- The government must do more to tackle climate change