Are you beach body ready? Fit shaming is as bad as fat shaming
Share This Article:
Are you beach body ready? Are you jealous of skinny women? Is it terrible to fat shame but totally cool to fit shame? Richard Staveley, head of marketing at Protein World, justified his company’s controversial advert by saying “it’s been quite odd how many people we’ve found who are far quicker to fit shame than fat shame”. No surprise that the person who gave this ad the go ahead was a male, and has no personal experience with looking in the mirror and wanting to cry because you hate how bouncy your stomach is or how your boobs are still the same size as when you were birthed. But, is all this body loathing because we’ve seen a skinny poster girl on the way to work this morning? No, it’s because whatever shape we are we’re never completely happy or confident with our bodies and are sick to death of seeing stick thin women in advertising. (Unless you’re Renee Somerfield).
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 'I signed up to be stem-cell donor and this is why I think you should do the same'
- Is it really right that £800 million has been pledged to save a cultural building?
- Why there has to be more to economic policy than number crunching
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH