Murder trial as entertainment?
Share This Article:
Just over a year ago a young, successful woman was shot and killed on Valentine’s Day. There are several variant explanations of how this tragic event came about, and it is now up to a court of law to decide whether or not Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp. This morning, however, this stopped being a murder trial and became entertainment. Not many people know what actually happened on that night. I have my opinion, formed by the evidence that came to light; others will have theirs. This is ok. With any big case which the public follows closely it seems natural for people to align themselves with the jury and form judgements on what the outcome should be.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Milo Yiannopoulos's ‘Privilege Fund’ exclusively for white men is a sobering example of what's wrong with society
- Why Australia might be about to ditch the queen
- Why a Conservative and DUP coalition would be a disaster