Rejection of women bishops further damages a failing Church
Share This Article:
The decision of the Church of England’s general synod to reject the appointment of women bishops is the worst decision they have made in decades. The Church faces more opposition today than ever before, and misogynistic decisions such as this, routed in a past long since abandoned, does nothing but intensify this opposition. The issue is that people now associate the problems within organised religion against the whole of Christianity, seeing it as sexist, homophobic, controlling and anti-liberal in the extreme. And what this is causing is an intense hatred towards Christianity, and a flagrant disregard of the good that’s routed at its core.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Why the NUS is right to criticise the Know Your Limits campaign
- Crowdfunding a degree: selfish or a stroke of genius?
- How social media proved that for many abortion is still a dirty word
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH