Share This Article:
In wake of the public exposure of Britain’s darling Kate Middleton's bare breasts in French magazine Closer, it seems as if no woman is exempt of the misogyny of today’s prevalent hyper-sexualised media. Despite western society appearing to achieve liberation for women on the surface, we are a long, long way off in terms of achieving equality with men. With many female students graduating this academic year, will their gender define their career prospects? The pay gap between men and women in 2012 at 15.5% is better than the 35% compared to 1972, but women are four times more likely to be in low-paid, part-time jobs. In the finance sector, women earn 55% less than men for the same work and the inequality doesn’t end there.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Twitter, Tinder, and the problem of online
- A Swedish music festival has banned men ‘until ALL men have learned to behave themselves’
- Sexism in the media must be addressed