Working life and the student - can they be as one?
Share This Article:
According to a recent NUS survey half of students do part time work, such as bar and pub work, in order to help fund their studies - suggesting that almost two thirds work up to 11 hours a week in addition to the hours put in for their course. These statistics beg the question: has it become a necessity for some students to have a job whilst at university? It is certainly true that student life can be an expensive experience: course materials, living costs and the general expense of city life all add up, and of course, no one wants to be left behind when it comes to partying and going out. After all it is all part of the university experience and is to be expected, right?
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The time has come for universities to divest completely from fossil fuels
- Fat people do not need your concerns about their health
- For the weak and vulnerable, Trump’s presidency will be a test of survival