Why English is not a soft subject
Share This Article:
It’s time to close the books on the idea that English Literature is a soft subject. Comments such as these about my degree really get my back up. My housemates will vouch for the number of hours I spend reading books, attempting to read critical articles and writing essays. The library has become my second home while for others it is only a rumour, left undiscovered until final year.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Just how golden is silence?
- Crowdfunding a degree: selfish or a stroke of genius?
- Is Google's 'right to be forgotten' a gag order for the media?