Has Madonna gone too far?
Share This Article:
Madonna has sparked controversy this week for adding a swastika to an image of France’s National Front leader, Marine Le Pen, during her worldwide tour. Last month, the superstar was warned by the party not to include the political montage at her French shows or she would be sued for damages. Never one to avoid a public argument, Madonna went ahead with the polemical picture. The self-confessed material girl has been accused of chasing publicity due to waning popularity and to what the National Front has described as a ‘flop’ of a tour. Certainly, Madonna does not shy away from the front page. During her Confessions Tour she appeared hanging from a cross, inciting religious outcry and her Like a Prayer music video led to her being banned from the Vatican.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Stop telling musicians to 'stick to the music'
- Record number of women elected to parliament on anniversary of Emily Davison's death
- President Trump is a bad thing - that's a fact