Lent - is it just for quitters?
Share This Article:
Fantastic, it’s that time of year again. Pancake day has regrettably been and gone, and we are once again left with the aftermath – Lent, the forty days of the year dreaded by chocoholics, shopaholics and alcoholics alike. This year I’ve chosen to give up online shopping. It makes sense – being a student I’m obviously not rolling in money, and the internet provides a dangerous outlet where money can be spent at the click of a mouse, creating the wonderful illusion that you’re not really spending it at all. In previous years I’ve attempted to give up all the typical vices – chocolate, crisps, Facebook, the usual suspects. I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve never managed to last the entire forty days and nights, and as much as I’d love to say that I am confident that this year will be ‘the one’, I’m not holding my breath.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Crowdfunding a degree: selfish or a stroke of genius?
- Make-up free selfies - should we grin and bare it?
- How social media proved that for many abortion is still a dirty word