UNITE survey shows student housing unsafe
Share This Article:
A third of students at the University of Reading live in unsafe and poorly maintained accommodation according to a new borough-wide survey.The Reading Accommodation Report which has been compiled by student accommodation provider UNITE, found that 33% of students who had chosen to live in private housing outside of the University felt they were at risk. Max Parish, a 21-year-old politics student living on Hatherley Road, only a short walk from the University said: “We inherited the house in a very poor state and as we come to the end of our tenancy almost nothing has been done improve our standard of living. “As a result it has left us with very little motivation to keep the house in good condition and so our landlord will now have a big job on his hands if he wants to attract any future tenants to the property.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- University hosts largest science education conference in Europe
- Hard work pays off for students
- Snakes, scuba suits and skeletons - Top list of most bizarre items found in student homes
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH