May dismisses media focus on 'disastrous' meeting with Juncker as 'Brussels gossip'
Share This Article:
Prime Minister Theresa May has dismissed the supposed "disastrous" meeting she had with the President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, as "Brussels gossip". The UK government reported the meeting as "constructive", yet the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagzeitung newspaper outlined that the PM appeared poorly briefed for the meeting, having unrealistic expectations on the length and process of the Brexit’s negotiations. May declared on Monday: "I have to say that from what I've seen of this account I think it's Brussels gossip." She went on to say: "In order to get the best deal for Britain we need to ensure we've got strong and stable leadership going into these negotiations."
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- What exactly is the Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin alleged US college admissions scandal?
- Twitter erupts after BBC Question Time asks 'is it morally right to teach kids LGBT issues?'
- Two Stanford students are suing ALL universities involved in the college admissions scam