What do we know about the Westminster attacker so far?
Share This Article:
Police have been working through the night to identify the roots of the deadly terror plot which brought bloodshed to the streets of London, but what do we know about the attacker so far? What was the background of the killer? The identity of the knifeman who injured scores of pedestrians in a car before rampaging into the Palace of Westminster has yet to be made public, but Scotland Yard’s top anti-terror officer Mark Rowley suggested that police think they know who the attacker is and that their assumption is that the attacker is linked to Islamic State. Armed police launched a late-night raid on a second-floor flat above a row of shops in Birmingham last night. A witness who works nearby said: “The man from London lived here.” However, West Midlands Police refused to say whether the raid was connected with yesterday’s attack in Westminster. How many people did he harm? Rowley confirmed that five people have now died – including the attacker who was shot by police – and about 40 people have been injured.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Universities must do more to tackle the BAME attainment gap, report says
- King’s College London says removing Sultan of Brunei's award over LGBT rights would 'represent uncharted territory'
- 'I pulled her plug and watched her choke' LSE sportswomen publish open letter against sexism
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH