Here's what's happening for International Women's Day in the UK's major cities
Share This Article:
As we're sure you're aware, today is International Women's Day. Universities across the country are hosting special events, talks and celebrations, but if you want to burst that student bubble, here are ways five cities are marking the occasion and celebrating female power. Hull March 10-12 In case you missed it, Hull is currently celebrating the fac that it's the UK's City of Culture, 2017. As part of the initiative, Women of the World (WOW) HULL are taking part in the first round of events known as Made in Hull. This weekend the group are hosting a range of talks, debates, and cultural events including theatre, music and film, and will also host a special concert honouring Hull-born pianist Ethel Leginska. This year she'll be recognised in the newest edition of the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Not bad for a town once known for its city's fish trail. A day pass to a WOW event is £5-£10 Liverpool March 4-11
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Meet the student entrepreneur who wants to turn travel into a game
- OPINION: Manchester United's epic comeback against Newcastle is exactly what their fans deserve
- Experts and locals warn that new Chinchero airport may destroy Machu Picchu