This campaign is demanding young people get a say in the Brexit negotiations
Share This Article:
A campaign launched yesterday is gathering opinions from young people across the country to issue the Government with 10 demands for the Brexit negotiation. The We Are Undivided campaign wants one million people under the age of 30 to submit their demands for Brexit on its website. The group says that as young people have to live with the consequences of Brexit the longest, they should have a seat at the table. According to an Opinium poll, 64% of registered 18 to 24-year-olds got out to vote in the referendum in June, with over 70% of them voting to remain. This is a marked increase in youth turnout from the 2015 general election, where only 43% of 18 to 24-year-olds voted, according to Ipsos MORI. This shows there is opinion to be gathered from young people, but it’s not just about the remainers.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- EU students will continue to pay home tuition fees
- Huddersfield is the best student night out in the country, apparently
- Interview with Gina Martin: the journey of a working-class gal turned activist
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH