Over half of population suffer from phone loss anxiety, according to survey
Share This Article:
There’s no question about it – we’re a generation that relies on its technology for pretty much everything. As if to prove this theory, a new survey has revealed that over half of the population suffer from Nomophobia – the fear of being without your phone. The survey of 1,000 people, by commissioned by AppRiver, the e-mail and web security experts, and conducted by OnePoll, found that people are now so obsessed with the need to be connected to their phones that even when they are away on holiday, 42% will take their devices to the beach. It was also revealed that:
- 17% of people will work on their emails in bed
- 25% of women look at their phones during a dinner date
- Conversely, 70% of people have no way of remotely wiping their phones if they get lost
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How to save hundreds on your next smartphone
- Google changes its algorithm for 'lesbian'
- The month in tech: New emojis and the return of the walkman