Share This Article:
The birth of KAWALA came about when Higson (vocals) and McCarthy (guitar), both studying at Leeds College of Music, were signed to Mahogany Records and headed back to North London to fully commit themselves to the band. After selling out the third headline show at Omeara in April, KAWALA are clearly one to watch, describing themselves as “a north London duo/band, with acoustic guitar and dual vocal lead”, “making music under the uncommon umbrella of Indie/Folk/Afrobeat/Pop.” Their influences include Bombay Bicycle Club and Half Moon Run, which can be heard in the exquisite harmonies and upbeat, soft acoustic sound and compelling rhythms.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Fresher Sounds – The best new music – 13/08/19
- Album Review: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Infest The Rats' Nest
- Album Review: Ra Ra Riot - Superbloom