Album review: Meshuggah – The Violent Sleep of Reason
Share This Article:
★★★★☆ If musical heaviness could be measured on a scale from 1 to 10, Meshuggah would score a solid 34. For nearly twenty years, the Swedish five-piece has been pumping out some of the harshest, most complex compositions in metal, taking intricate polyrhythms and down-tuning them to hell until they feel like they are powerful enough to destroy buildings. It’s a formula that’s earned Meshuggah critical acclaim for almost two decades, and with their upcoming eighth album – The Violent Sleep of Reason – they do absolutely anything but slow down.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Fresher Sounds – The best new music – 11/06/19
- Album Review: Octavian - Endorphins
- Fresher Sounds – The best new music – 18/06/19
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH