Live Review: Blur at Wolverhampton Civic Hall
Share This Article:
Blur are best known as the definitive Britpop band of the 90s, but it would be unfair to think of them as just that. 2012 sees them embark on a reunion tour, and I was excited to see what they’d choose to play from their extensive and impressive back catalogue. Lead singer Damon Albarn performs with the energy of a man half his age, constantly jumping around, throwing himself on the floor and climbing into the audience. He obviously relishes every second on stage, encouraging the crowd to sing along and get into it as much as possible. It’s hard to argue with those who say he was born to be a frontman.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Fresher Sounds – The best new music – 13/08/19
- Interview: City Calm Down
- Album Review: Ra Ra Riot - Superbloom