5 great vegan uses for your leftover Halloween pumpkin pulp
Share This Article:
Halloween just isn't complete without a pumpkin or four. But what do you do with all that leftover pulp? The following are a few creative ideas for transforming your pumpkin pulp into something that won't end up at the top of the compost pile: 1. Homemade pumpkin purée Pumpkin purée can be used in everything from baking to DIY beauty recipes. To make it with your pulp leftovers, remove the seeds from the pulp, steam the remains until tender, allow it to cool a bit and then blend it in a blender or food processor until you've achieved a smooth, creamy consistency. 2. Pumpkin hummus Tired of the same old hummus? OK, probably not, because who could ever get tired of that creamy delight. But in any given situation, pumpkin hummus is a great way to put your homemade pumpkin purée to good use. Try this delicious recipe for Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Pumpkin Hummus. 3. Pumpkin face mask Pumpkins are rich in vitamins, nutrients and enzymes. When applied topically, they can help smooth and moisturise skin as well as help reverse damage from free radicals and prevent acne. Enjoy the beauty benefits of this autumn veggie by using this face-mask recipe: Pumpkin Face Mask (Adapted from Beautylish)
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 16 places you need to eat in Nottingham
- The alternative guide to London’s alternative quarters
- #GoodbyeTNS: From the cobbles of Spain to the catwalks of London
- Start with a clean slate. Ensure your face is thoroughly cleansed before you apply the mask.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until a smooth, creamy consistency is achieved. Add a little extra almond milk if necessary.
- Apply the mask to your face, avoiding your eye area.
- Allow the mask to work its magic for approximately 20 minutes.
- Gently wash off the mask with a warm, damp washcloth and follow with a cruelty-free moisturiser.
- Sweet and Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Chili-Lime Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Seeds
- Curried Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Garlic and Rosemary