#HomeToVote sees Irish people sharing their impressive journeys to the polls
Share This Article:
As thousands of Irish citizens living across the world return home to vote in the abortion referendum, many recorded their journeys on social media. Irish citizens will be voting on Friday on whether to repeal or keep the constitution’s eighth amendment. The amendment gives equal right to life for both the mother and unborn, effectively prohibiting abortion in most cases. Ireland’s voting system only allows postal votes from abroad in certain circumstances, so almost all of those eligible must travel back if they wish the cast their ballot. People eager to have their say from both sides of the debate have posted photos and comments ahead of Friday’s vote. Some came from as far as Sydney or Costa Rica.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- EU students will continue to pay home tuition fees
- Universities must do more to tackle the BAME attainment gap, report says
- This Week in Gaming: Gaming Disorder becomes an official disease
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH