Reese Witherspoon says she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was 16
Share This Article:
Reese Witherspoon has alleged she was assaulted by a director as a 16-year-old. The Oscar-winning actress said she has been harassed and sexually assaulted throughout her career as she became the latest star to speak out in the wake of allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Speaking as she introduced her Big Little Lies co-star Laura Dern at ELLE’s Women in Los Angeles event on Monday night, Witherspoon said: “This has been a really hard week for women in Hollywood, for women all over the world, for men in a lot of situations and a lot of industries that are forced to remember and relive a lot of ugly truths.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- EU students will continue to pay home tuition fees
- Interview with Gina Martin: the journey of a working-class gal turned activist
- This Week in Gaming: Gaming Disorder becomes an official disease