“Weekend of possibility” brought about by national rent strike event
Share This Article:
Last year, UCL Cut The Rent won one million pounds in cuts after a five month rent strike. Last weekend the campaign teamed up with Radical Housing Network (RHN), Plan C, and the NUS to turn one university’s campaign into a nationwide movement. The event was billed as “a weekend of possibility” as it invited students from 25 universities across the country to discuss, network and learn about starting parallel campaigns. Some groups had already made remarkable headway, such as at Sussex, where 1,000 students living on campus have already signed a petition calling for rent caps. The purpose of the weekend was to provide the practical help to capitalise on this enthusiasm. On the Saturday in particular, which was jam-packed with a diverse range of workshops, there was an abundance of advice and resources.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- This Week in Gaming: Gaming Disorder becomes an official disease
- EU students will continue to pay home tuition fees
- What impact has Extinction Rebellion actually had?