10 reasons why you should go for a run right now
Share This Article:
January’s been and gone - and you didn’t make it to the gym quite as much as you had hoped, did you? If you missed the NY resolutions fitness train, February is just as good a month to start working out - and there are at least 10 reasons you should choose running:
- It’s cheap. Can’t quite fork out for the gym membership? All you need to run is a pair of comfortable shoes and off you go.
- It makes you happy. So does chocolate, you say? True, but only until it ruins your waist. Jogging can get you a proper “runner’s high,” producing an awful lot of endorphins. True story.
- It’s fun. There are always amusing things to see when you run outside. Cute dogs. First blooming flowers. Hot runners. Whatever rocks your boat.
- It helps you lose weight and improve muscle tone. Somebody said bikini body?!
- It protects your from anxiety and depression, which is a crucial piece of info when you’re in the exams panic mode. It also helps you sleep better. You can feel less guilty about downing those two cans of Red Bull now.
- Contrary to the common belief, it strengthens your knees (and other joints and bones, too). In fact, it’s been proved that running increases bone mass and improves knee health. Not to mention it fabulously shapes your calves.
- It will keep you sharp. As long as you run, you don’t need to worry about ‘losing it’ as you age; active lifestyle helps defeat age-related mental decline.
- Running adds years to your life. Meeting just the minimum amount of activity will buy you some extra time on this lovely planet. And who would not want to live forever?
- When everything seems to be causing cancer, running actually helps you stay away from it. It might not cure the disease but studies shows that running is associated with a lower risk of certain cancers.
- Running can do a lot of good in the world. There are plenty of runs for charity to choose from. Doesn't it make you feel warm inside knowing that sweating your ass off can change someone’s life?
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 7 practical ways to avoid travel scams this summer
- Here are some new ways you can combat IBS
- How to travel Malta on a student budget