16 places you need to eat in Nottingham
Share This Article:
2. Hungry Pumpkin Deli / Cafe We think this veggie parmigiana, from Hungry Pumpkin in the Lace Market, is the perfect thing to get us through an autumnal afternoon. The menu also includes salads, jacket potatoes, paninis and various sides. Where? 38 High Pavement 3. Junkyard Sometimes all you want is a burger in a bottle shop, and Junkyard can provide you with exactly this. Where? 12 Bridesmith Walk
4. Jamcafe It might not be a traditional brunch spot, but we’re very reliably informed that the offering at Jamcafe hits all the right spots the morning - and with its wide selection of eggs, pancakes and mac ‘n cheese, we have to agree. This line-up of a giant Danish + eggs benedict will probably do the trick… Where? 12 Heathcoat StreetView this post on Instagram
5. The Rum House Now, a prohibition bar that serves Caribbean food might not immediately seem like a match made in heaven… but what about this sweet potato and garlic rack of lamb? Yeah, we knew you could be convinced… Where? 9 Broad StreetView this post on Instagram
6. Oscar and Rosie’s Routinely named as the best pizza in Nottingham and recommended by local food bloggers and Buzzfeed, there’s not much more we need to say about this one. Where? 8 Stoney Street
7. Studio 23 A contemporary Asian street food tapas joint, we’re hearing everything good about Studio 23’s pho - try it on a hungover day and find yourself magically restored. For now though, we’re after some Vietnamese dirty fries. Where? 23-25 Heathcoat Street
8. Zaap Thai It’s not a 100% local brand (there are also restaurants in Leeds and Newcastle), but Zaap Thai deserves inclusion - if only for it’s Bangkok-inspired decor. And maybe also for this curry + beer combo.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The Coffee Music Project returns to London for another year
- Book Review: Snack Hacks by Claudia Christian
- Have students had enough of celebrity endorsments?
9. No. 12 Hounds Gate Danish open sandwiches and nourishing bowls are the order of the day here. Everything on the menu is either already vegan, or can be ordered vegan. Where? Um, 12 Hounds Gate - funnily enough
10. Edin’s Nottingham Just look at those pies… served up by Edin himself at his deli/cafe. Real local, real cheap. Where? Edin’s Deli Cafe @ 15 Broad Street / Edin’s Natural Kitchen @ 15 Carlton Street 11. Annie’s Burger Shack There’s strong vegan and veggie representation at Annie’s, which is always a plus. For the meat-eaters, expect burgers that incorporate cuisines including Mexican, Greek, German and Caribbean. Pictured: a vegan sloppy Joe, with curly fries. Where? 5 BroadwayView this post on Instagram
Feeling hungry today? Come and grab a Great British Fake Off for breakfast and start your day right! This is the veggie version, but remember everything on or menu can be made vegan! All you have to do is ask. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - #vegannottingham #nottinghamvegans #no12love #nottingham #no12houndsgate #vegan #veganbreakfast #fakeoff #fullenglishbreakfast
12. The Cod & Scallops There are three of the sustainable, posh chippies around Nottingham, meaning you can get your fix of takeaway crab, cod or even Saveloy wherever you might be. Where? Sherwood, Long Eaton and WollatonView this post on Instagram
13. Warsaw Diner Another surprising pairing comes from this Polish-run American-style diner. A regular student haunt, we’re told it offers a real slice of Americana. These pancakes suggest the rumours are true. Where? 93-95 Derby Road
14. The Pudding Pantry This place does exactly what it promises, serving up a huge selection of cakes as well as afternoon tea - there’s even a New Year’s Eve champagne brunch, which sounds more than tempting. Where? 27-29 Trinity Square, Burton StreetView this post on Instagram
#vegan #vegetarian #foodlove #instafood #foodporn #healthyfood #food #veganlove #foodpics #foodgasm #foodgram #foodgallery #f4f #follow4followback #followme #followforfollow #breakfast #brunch #goodcarbs #pancakes #healthy #carbs on #saturday #foodie #organic #diet #loveyourself #italianonions
15. Small Food Bakery This 100% sourdough bakery wants to reinvent the way we eat our bread… and with offerings like this pizza on the menu, we’re right there with them. Where? 33 Seely Road
16. Yamas This mezze restaurant serves up Nottingham’s favourite calamari… or so we hear. Probably time we tested it ourselves. Where? 5 Thurland Street
Lead image credit: kirstiecoolin on PixabayView this post on Instagram