Halloween Recipe: Shallot, Pumpkin and Red Pepper Soup with Candied Shallot and Pumpkin Seeds served with Low Fat Crème Fraiche
Share This Article:
Step away from the tins of Heinz... this yummy soup is healthy and perfect for Halloween. Serves: 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes You’ll need: For the soup: 4 red peppers, deseeded and cut into quarters 30g butter 1 tbsp rapeseed oil 6 shallots, diced peeled 750g pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2 cm pieces 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed Leaves of one sprig of thyme 1.2 litre good vegetable stock 100ml double cream (optional) Sea salt and black pepper For the candied shallots: 250g unsalted butter ¼ tsp of cumin seeds 8 (250g) shallots, peeled and sliced ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Fancy a fish and chips inspired cocktail?
- Restaurant Review: Honest Burgers, Tottenham Court Road
- The secrets behind the UK's most famous dishes