Recipe: Mama's Chocolate Cake
Share This Article:
If it is your birthday soon, here’s a recipe of delicious cake that my mother has invented, we will call it 'mama’s cake'. For this recipe you need: - 300 g of sponge finger - 2 spoons of Golden Syrup - 150 g of butter - 125 g of dark chocolate + 10 cl of crème fraîche What to do:
- For the dough:
- Break up the sponge fingers into crumbles.
- Add the butter and work it with the crumbled sponge fingers.
- Add two spoons of Golden Syrup. Mix those three ingredients.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular cake tin, and pour into this cake tin the dough.
- Pack down (using your hand) the dough into the cake tin. The dough has to become smooth!
- Then, cover the dough with slices of banana(s).
- For the chocolate sauce:
- In a sauce pan, melt the chocolate in a bit of water (10 ml).
- Add the crème fraiche, DO NOT BOIL!
- If you like, add a tea spoon of coffee or a tea spoon of peer brandy.
- Finally, coat the dough with this chocolate sauce, and leave it in the fridge this entire night.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH