Valentine's Recipe: Viva Strawberry, Toasted Almond and Caramel Pancakes
Share This Article:
Valentine's and Pancake Days are the perfect opportunity to show off your culinary talents. Cook up some love with this recipe for romantic strawberry, caramel and almond pancakes... A truly indulgent pancake recipe, this is something you’ll want to eat more often than just once a year. Ideal for breakfast or dessert, the strawberry, caramel and yoghurt topping is also delicious on toasted waffles or slices of Madeira cake. Serves: 4 (2 pancakes each) Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 Minutes You’ll need: For the pancakes: 100g flour 2 eggs, beaten 300ml milk Oil for frying For the filling: 20 Viva strawberries, chopped 2tsp sugar 1 tbsp caramel sauce 300ml Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp, heaped, toasted almonds What to do:
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave to soften while you make the pancakes. Switch your oven on to a low heat.
- Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
- Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this till all the batter is used up and you have a pile of pancakes.
- Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt till it just ripples. Serve 2 pancakes per person topped with a dollop of the yoghurt mixture and scatter with almonds.