Worried about budgeting for Christmas? Follow NUS extra's money-saving tips
Share This Article:
Yes, you have no money, and no – it doesn’t mean you can hide under your duvet and ignore completely the fact that Christmas is now only two weeks away. This time of year can stretch the student budget more than ever, but luckily the team at NUS extra have put together a few tips to help you get through. Read on for happier shopping... Set a budget. This is the most important tip! Look at how much you can afford to spend, set a budget and stick to it. Why not agree a spending limit with your boyfriend/girlfriend or siblings to make sure you don’t get carried away? And your dog or cat will just be happy you’re home - maybe sneak them a bit of turkey on Christmas day as an extra treat. You don’t have to buy for everyone. Make a list of who you really have to buy for. If you have a group of friends or siblings that you really don’t want to cut from the Christmas list then why not do a Secret Santa? Set a £5 or £10 spending limit then you only have to buy one small gift instead of a few… and you can have fun guessing who got whom.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Mental Health Awareness Week: 10 things students with body dysmorphic disorder want you to know
- The effect of stress on student mental health, and how to deal with it
- Mental Health Awareness Week: What it's like living with borderline personality disorder as a student
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH