Interviews with the cast of the Coen brothers' The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Share This Article:
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, one of Netflix’s latest productions and the newest Coen Brothers film, is a western anthology film comprised of six distinct stories, each with its own plot and cast. The first story, the titular ‘Ballad of Buster Scruggs’, stars a happy and singing cowboy played by Tim Blake Nelson. Starring as the film’s most memorable performance, Tim Blake Nelson laughed when he said “Only Joel and Ethan [Coen] would let somebody like me do this. I mean, look at the genuine article in front of you, how did that guy get to play a titular role in anything? “I mean, I loved it. When I read the script, which I was given fifteen years ago, I thought ‘Wow, if this ever does get made’ – and they needed to write the other stories for that to happen – ‘I’m going to be one lucky man’. And so, I took it very seriously, because it’s a lot of work to make everything look effortless!
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Trailer: Anna Paquin stars in melancholy drama 'Tell It To The Bees', set in a town too small for secrets
- Hollywood two years on from #MeToo: where can we go from here?
- Legendary actor Richard Dreyfuss and director Shelagh McLeod discuss Astronaut, humanity and space travel