Film Review: Jack Reacher
Share This Article:
3/5 Jack Reacher had an uphill struggle from the time it was announced. Fans of the Lee Child novel were spewing hate in every direction about how it'd never be like the book. And when Tom Cruise was revealed to be the protagonist, they really started frothing at the mouth. A metaphorical army of Reacher lovers had risen up (on the internet) and begun a crusade against the ‘abomination’ that was Tom Cruise… How dare this short man play Reacher, who is described in the books as a 6’5 hulk of muscle with a 50 inch chest? Now, am I the only one who thinks that this character sounds a little physically ridiculous? Admittedly, you could get some actors close to it but characters need to be adapted for film too. Sorry, Reacher fans.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Here's what Booksmart gets right about LGBT representation
- How To Train Your Dragon animator Thomas Grummt talks emotional endings, industry advice and creating the light-fury
- Always Be My Maybe review - the Asian-American love story that breathes new life into a saturated genre
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH